May 7th-Registration/fittings - TBA
July 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27, 31-Conditioning Camp at Conway Falcons (Optional but highly encouraged)
August 1st- Parent meeting at Conway Middle School.
October 15th-Rumble on the River Cheer Competition
October 22nd- Rockstar Royale Cheer Competition
October 29th- Rockstar Rumble Cheer Competition
November 5th- FYFCL Cheer Competition
November 19th-Sunshine State Classic Cheer Competition
CHEER UNIFORM FITTINGS
- All registration information is found online
- Bring a copy of the Athlete's Birth Certificate.
WHAT FORMS SHOULD I BRING?
- A current 2023 Physical Form (dated after January 1st, 2023) will be due no later than July 17th and are required to participate in conditioning.
- Sports physicals are provided by Dr. Koch's – Essential Mind and Body, located at 415 E Michigan St, 32806, 407-423-1616. The cost is $20, and all proceeds received by Dr. Koch are then donated back to our program.
- With all four marking periods stamped by the school, a FINAL report card will be due no later than July 17th.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO THE FITTING DAY?
- TOP – Sports Bra or Swimsuit Top
- BOTTOM – Bloomers/Boy Cut Shorts or Bathing suit Bottom
- There will be a GTM Sportswear Uniform Fit Kit available for each athlete to try on at the fitting
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE NEW REGISTRATION FEE?
- The Uniform Packet Includes a uniform Top, a uniform Bottom, Cheer Shoes, and a Reg. Season Game Day Bow (All of which you may keep after the season ends)
- A Conway Falcons Spirit Tee
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE ALLSTAR TEAM REGISTRATION FEE?
- The Allstar Uniform Packet Includes a uniform Top, a uniform Bottom, and a Competition bow (All of which you may keep after the season ends)
- Additional insurance
- Athlete fees associated with each specific competition
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE?
- ALL White, no-show socks
- Competition Long Sleeve Crop Tops (available to order)
- Competition Bows (chosen by the coaches, and bulk ordered by the team)
Important information about the ALLSTAR team:
- There will be an evaluation on August 21st. If someone is interested in being on the Allstar team they will need to attend the evaluation, and then they will be notified after the evaluation of the team status.
- The fee this season for the Allstar will be $250. This is in addition to the regular season fee.
- The practices will begin September 1st and will be on different days than the regular season practices.
- There will be a parent meeting before the season to discuss the details in more detail about the Allstar team.
- Weekly practices are held at Conway Middle School located at 4600 Anderson Rd, Orlando 32812, on the back fields and under the covered areas as needed.
- There is a minimum of two practices per week throughout the season, and additional practices may be added as needed.
- After the time change, practices will be held at a different location
- Conway Middle School Campus does not allow plastic water bottles, so please bring sports bottles only. Half gallon jugs filled with water only are encouraged.
- In general, practices can be held at the coaching staff's discretion. However, a typical schedule would be 8U/MM, 10U/PW, 12U/JV & 14U/V practice on Mondays, Tuesday's and Thursdays starting at 6:00 PM.
- Please remain close and be available via phone if you choose to drop off your child, as practices may need to be canceled due to unforeseen weather.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GAMES?
- Typically, regular season 4-5 home games are usually played at Boone High School or Oakridge High School.
- We travel for 3-4 regular season away games. The schedule will be posted on the website and provided to the parents as soon as available. Some areas for away games typically include East Orlando, Apopka, Kissimmee, and Lakeland.
- Is there an entry fee for weekly games? Yes. Anyone not rostered in the team book. Adults are $5, and Children are $4 (typically cash only).
- Why is there a fee? Weekly field fees and insurance are costly. This entry fee and concession sales help the association cover the field costs mandated by OCPS and the high schools that we play every week.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COMPETITION FOR FYFCL ONLY PARTICIPANTS?
- All divisions perform at the FYFCL competition. If your team wins a bid then they can compete at additional competitions
- See the important dates for more information on the competition dates.
- Athletes are expected to come with clean shoes and full uniforms, including competition tops.
- All competitions have entrance fees that vary based on the location. Typical costs run between $10-$15 for adults. We encourage you to bring cash, as many are cash only.
- Athletes may meet as a group a few hours before competitions to prepare hair and makeup as a team.
- Send your child with a snack and water. Athletes stay together as a team and warm up before the performance.